Sunday, May 11, 2025

Some good ridin'

This was a good week of bike riding - consisting of riding to/from a pilates class Monday night, the Thurs night women's ride with some rolling hills, skipping out of work with my friend Molly on Friday (need to catch up on work for those people who kindly have given me contracts, though, whoops!) to ride from her house on the LRT trail to Victoria, and doing 55 miles on Saturday.

Saturday was the BikeMS Twin Cities Ride. I rode from my house to the ride, paid the minimum fundraising fee for that ride, and pieced together two route options that were the longer legs. A woman volunteering at the snack table told me that she has MS and her treatment options have really improved in recent years due to the funds raised during these rides.  (Please tell your elected officials how important government funding is, too.)

It was a great way to start getting ready for the summer. I did a lot of yard work, too. I am so lucky to be able to move so freely, even if I had to do more PT exercises to alleviate some aches! I had hoped to do even more biking but the dog needed some good long walks, too, and household obligations were calling. Regardless of those stymied plans, this would be a good week by any measure. 

Molly and me.  I didn't get permission to use her photo, so I altered it. Ha ha.
My loopy 55-mile ride. 
My crabapple tree in full bloom, with weird formatting. 

My bike ride is in July. Time to get cracking on riding and fundraising!


No comments:

Post a Comment