I have been opting for frequency over distance, but will need to increase the distances as I prep for the BikeMS ride.
Thanks to you (conversely!) fast and furious donors who responded to my call so I could benefit from match opportunity. I haven't done the exact math, but that spurt added about $2400 to my fundraising goal. I'm a couple hundred away and am confident we can get there in the next 6 weeks or so until the ride.
I heard this spring from a woman who has been donating for a while; she told me she has been donating because she has a family member with MS. A friend told me his friend's youngish daughter was recently diagnosed. Another friend with MS told me that her treatment isn't working, so she is stopping treatment. That was hard to take in. Another friend with MS is having good luck with her treatment. All of this is to say that your donations matter. They support services, research, and advocacy - a perfect trifecta!
I was in California last weekend, seeing my sisters, and am in northern Wisconsin now, stretched out on my mom and stepdad's couch. I am looking forward to riding the next couple of weekends!
You can donate here!
No comments:
Post a Comment