Tuesday, July 14, 2020

An illustrated guide to peeing while biking around the Twin Cities

Well, hi.

My blog productivity has been minimal, but that's good because so has my creativity. And really, how many different photos can I show you of different views of data from my Garmin?

I mean, I know that you like to ponder (in respective order) why I started and ended in two spots 1.5 miles apart (flat tire just as I got to the coffee shop), why would anyone want a graph overlaying the ambient temperature with the lack of elevation in Minnesota (why not?), and why I keep on going to Cottage Grove (that's actually Grey Cloud Island and it is pretty and there's little traffic)...





Or, perhaps, you like to know (respectively) that when I went on a physically distanced bike ride "with" my friend Steve - staying far apart at all stops and staying far, far apart while riding - he got this nail in his tire but didn't get a flat for another 45 miles; that I occasionally get a weird heat rash when I wear bike short; and that my BikeMS Team Captain can coozy is one of my favorites for a post-bike ride beer.




But (drumroll please!) you all know I like a good story about finding an au naturale spot for going to the bathroom in these COVID times ~ and ~ I *may* have mentioned that my sister suggested that perhaps I... get off the pot, so to speak... and create an illustrated guide to peeing while biking around the Twin Cities. This morning while eating breakfast (yes, it was *that* thought out), I put pencil to paper and offer you the following:

Early spring 2020; Bloomington - - very little
foliage for cover in the Twin Cities

Late spring; St. Paul - don't get burrs in your shorts indeed!

June, NE Mpls - keep the relevant body parts hidden
Last weekend; Newport (a tiny old city
just south of St. Paul)

My 5-day, 300-mile ride was scheduled for the last week of July. I'm going to be switching it up slightly because I'll be in Wisconsin visiting my mom and probably can't ride 60 miles per day while visiting her, but I'll still get in the miles - - my donors can rest assured - - I'm not slacking off! I'm close to my adjusted goal for this year. 







1 comment:

  1. I am rendered nearly speechless by how much I love this. And you. Rock on, Magatha!

    ReplyDelete